P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Struggling To Understand What '' Muslim" Means

Through Zainab's Eyes
By Zainab Morrow

I converted to Islam in January 2007.This personal journal's main goal is to document my growth in my new faith .I sincerely hope to be able to help other new Muslim in their journey. click www.readingislam.com for more.
Sometimes faith goes up and sometimes it goes down... like a yoyo.

Sometimes faith goes up and sometimes it goes down... like a yoyo. Picture © Microsoft.com

As we are getting closer to Ramadan, I feel it is quite appropriate to reflect on my struggle to understand what it means to be a Muslim and to reach the goal on becoming a better Muslim.


This summer, so far, my iman (faith) has been up and down like a yoyo. I have been criticizing myself for not being a good Muslim. As I am writing this journal, I have to ask myself about what does it means to be a Muslim and try to be realistic on how to become a better Muslim.

I believe I have been emphasizing on the visible characteristics of being a Muslim woman such as wearing hijab, modest clothes, and prayers. These elements are important.

However, I had to go back to the time I said Shahadah: Ash-shadu ana la ilaha illallah wa ana Muhammadar-rasulullah (There is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is His messenger.
 blog it

No comments: