P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Challenge of Yom Kippur

Picture © Microsoft.com
As-salamu `alaykum. I ask Allah to strengthen the faith of all Muslims, including myself, during this holy month of Ramadan. This month has proved to be a challenge, an inspiration, and a motive for increasing my faith.
In the past, hearing about Muslims fasting for a whole month and praying a minimum of five times a day, I thought it was absurd. Of course I respected their personal decision, but never did I imagine myself worshiping God in such a dedicated manner. The most I would offer was a prayer before bedtime and studying in a Jewish school, but not praying five times a day! But as soon as I found that the Qur'an is the direct word of Allah and that Muhammad is our role model, I realized I would have to do both of these things — fast as well as pray.
She questioned me if I wanted to ask God forgiveness for my sins. I replied, "I can ask God that any day of the year, why on this random day must I?
 blog it

No comments: