P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Visit Hard To Forget

A Young Muslim Woman Visits the Prophet's Mosque

" I'm here, I'm finally here,All praise to God who brought me here again."

These are usually the first words I utter as soon as my ayes fall on the minarets of Prophet Muhammad's mosque on my way from the airport to the hotel in Madinah.

Throughout my ride, I keep staring out of the window of the bus trying to catch a glimpse from a distance of Prophet Muhammad's mosque.
The Prophet's mosque is the oldest mosque in Madinah. It is the second most important mosque for Muslims after the Kabah in Makkah.

The Prophet's mosque at dawn. Picture courtesy: Neveen Shedid

I've been visiting Madinah every Ramadan for the last fifteen years. I believe this is a great blessing from God because once your feet step on the ground there, you feel what thousands of pictures cannot tell or transfer: the spirit of Madinah, Prophet Muhammad's city.
"Once your feet step on the ground there, you feel what thousands of pictures can't tell..." 

And I pray: "Oh God, let my feet touch a spot Prophet Muhammad's feet once touched."

"As I look at the faces of these women, I ponder at the amount of love they carry for a man they never met!" 
A Garden From Paradise
There are two timings for visiting Prophet's Muhammad grave for women, as the grave lies in the men's section of the mosque. As soon as the doors open for women to enter, hundreds and thousands of women rush towards the grave to try to pray in the area called Al-Rawdah Al-Sharifah (the area now between Prophet Muhammad's grave and his pulpit).
 blog it

No comments: