P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Who Are Children of Jihad?

clipped from www.islamonline.net
Image
Question: A friend's first reaction when seeing the book cover was, "Why do you want to read something that was written by an American Jew about the Middle East?" So what do you have to say to those people? What makes your book any different than the many other books that have been written on the Middle East?
Answer: People could have said the same thing to me , "As a Jewish person, why would you want to go to the Middle East?" My answer to your friend is that there are far too many stereotypes and misperceptions of different religions around the world.
What I have found from my experience is that it doesn't matter what ones religion is, it doesn't matter what group they are affiliated with, I found in my travels throughout the Middle East that young people have more in common with me as a young American Jew than they do differences. This is probably the last thing that someone might expect to hear from someone with my background and this is why I think it is important.
 blog it

No comments: