P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I ' tikaf in the Last Third of Ramadan

clipped from www.islamonline.net

As-Salaamu `Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh. Dear scholars, I heard that it’s part of the Prophetic Tradition to perform I`tikaf during the last third of Ramadan. Could you please clarify this issue for me? Jazakum Allah khayran.

I`tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan in the Masjid (mosque) is a beautiful tradition of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). It is like a spiritual retreat. It is reported by `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to observe I`tikaf during the last ten days of the month of Ramadan and he continued this practice until his death. After him, his wives carried on this practice of observing I`tikaf regularly. (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
 blog it

No comments: