P A K U B A T U

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm-11)

Tidak bohonglah hati tentang apa yang di lihatnya (An-Najm:11)

Followers

Friday, October 26, 2007

My Name is Khan

clipped from www.islamonline.net
Image

"Internationally, if you have a Muslim surname, you might be considered a terrorist," said Khan.

CAIRO — Inspired by his own personal experience, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will star a new movie on discrimination against people with Muslim second names in the post 9/11 world.
"My name is Khan" is directed by renowned Indian filmmaker Karan Johar and features six people with Muslim names who are viewed with suspicion and forced to endure extra security checks in international airports six years after the 9/11 attacks.

A growing number of Muslims are victims of what some call "traveling while a Muslim".

US rights groups say that racial profiling has been on the upswing since 9/11.
More than 500 people are denied entry to the US daily because of their identity.

"At London airport, every time I go, people recognize me, but they see my second name, and they give me an extra checking."

"These days, I am the one who’s stopped, so it's okay, he carries my bags for me," Khan laughed.
 blog it

No comments: